The clinic management system is based on the idea of providing an automated system. It saves time and extra overhead to perform the action. It will contain five main modules: Admin, Doctor, Patient, Staff, and Visitor. Admin will be the system administrator who keeps the record of the clinic intact. Don’t forget to check other computer science projects.
He can personalize the users’ profiles. Visitors are the unregistered users in the system, who can view hospital details, how to contact them etc. Doctors, patients, and staff will be the registered users in the system.
You can also check these posts:
- Hospital Management System Project
- Patient Information Management System
- Clinic Management System
- PHP Projects Ideas
- Top 18 Database Projects Ideas
- Vehicle Management System
What are the advantages? Let me tell you the one conversation between my friend and me that took place a while ago. He got sick and had a mild problem. Friend: “I have to go to the hospital when I get sick. “Me: “So what? Hospitals are there to help people with their physical needs. “Friend: “No, I mean when I went to the hospital, the doctor was not available there. That wasted a lot of time. “He continues.
Friend: “That’s not the end of it. The second day, there was a lot of rush, I could not get my turn. I got an appointment with the doctor on the 3rd day. Meanwhile, I was not productive at work due to which I suffered a loss in my business.”
Me: “Sorry to hear that. Are you okay now?”
Friend: “Yes, I am fine now”. Do you see where I am going with this? This is not only the story of my friend; it’s the case of everyone. That is just one aspect of this story. There are several others. So, I have concluded that there should be some automated system to assist the people wherever they want, whenever they want. They do not have to wait in line for hours.
Details: Here are some main functionalities of each type of users involved in the system:
- It is the main entity of the system. Admin will the system administrator of the system. He /she will have the power to manage the users involved in the system.
- Those people can be a patient, a doctor, a nurse, or a staff. He/she can insert any user into the system.
- It might be possible if any doctor or any other staff leaves the clinic. So that doctor or staff is irrelevant to that clinic. He/she can delete that user from the system after some period of time.
- Consider the scenario when any staff gets the promotion.
- Now, that information needs to be reflected in the system as well. The admin can update it whenever he wants. There will be only one admin in the system.
- The doctor will have to register himself/herself into the system first. To register, he will have to enter some personal information.
- He will be asked to input his full name, password he wants to use for login into the system, re-enter password (so that he distinctly remembers his password) contact number, and email address.
- After successful completion of the registration process, a unique id will be generated and will be displayed on the user’s console. This id will be used as a login id to login into the system.
Login: If a doctor is registered into the system, with the help of his personal unique id and his personalized password, he can log in to the system and can get started.
- It is an important task; the doctor has to complete before proceeding further. He/she will have to enter his/her designation in the system.
- A patient cannot find a suitable doctor to help him/her in the hour of the need if a patient does not know which doctor he should consult at the right time.
- The other thing the doctor has to insert is his / her address, where he/she live. If the doctor wants to change his email address or his mobile number, which he/she provided at the time of registration, he can change it any time he/she wants.
Update the Time Table –
- Initially, there would be a static timetable for the doctor’s activities. According to his / her timetable, he will take the patient, perform the operation, etc.
- Sometimes it happens that an emergency case comes to his / her attention. Now, he/she has to take it. So, he/she can reflect this activity on his/her timetable.
- It will help the admin to keep a clean record of the hospital. It can be useful for several purposes.
Approve Appointment –
- When a patient books an appointment with the doctor, the doctor can approve the appointment, whether he can attend the patient or not.
- The doctor will always approve the request for the appointment, until and unless he/she has a valid reason not to.
- He/she will have to provide a valid reason if he /she cannot have an appointment with the patient. If possible, he /she will have to provide any proof.
Cancel Appointment –
- What happens if the doctor is not available on the day of the appointment due to some genuine reason? And the patient arrives at the hospital.
- How that is going to benefit the patient? So, the doctor will cancel the appointment if he thinks he cannot make it on that day. But wait, this is not going to reflect on the patient panel at once.
- This status is going to be reflected on the admin side. The admin will check if another doctor is free on that day who can attend that patient. If so, an appointment for an available doctor will be booked and reflect on his interface.
- He will get the mail or SMS for this appointment. If not, the appointment will be canceled. Though, that would be a rare
- In order to get benefits from the system, the person needs to register himself/herself as a patient in the system.
- He/she needs to provide his / her name, date of birth, email address, and password at the time of registration.
- After successful registration, he /she will be given a unique id. That id will be used to login into the system.
- Only a registered patient can log in to the system.
- He/she will have to enter a unique id and password.
- If both id and password match with the system, he /she will be granted access to the patient panel.
Make an appointment with the doctor –
- This is the main feature of the system. The patient is involved in the system only because he needs medical assistance.
- A person cannot do productive work if he/she is not feeling well. He/ she can go to the appointment section in his / her interface.
- There is some information that needs to be filled in in order to make an appointment. Such as: what are the symptoms? since when he/she is having this problem? Etc.
- After filling in the information, a unique appointment id will be given to the patient and he/she can provide this id at the hospital counter to consult with the doctor.
- In order to complete the appointment process, the patient needs to make the payment.
- The charges will be shown at the interface.
- The patient can choose whether he/she will make the payment as cash at the hospital or he/she can choose the online method to make the payment.
- The online method will be secure so that his/her debit/credit card information cannot be misused.
Cancel Appointment –
- Due to some reason, a patient, who has made an appointment, cannot attend the doctor that day.
- The reason can be personal or he might have got well.
- He/she just has to enter the appointment id.
Home Remedies –
- This feature will be available to the registered patients of the system.
- Sometimes, a person who does not well does not need a doctor. Yes, it happens.
- Now, you ask how? I will tell you. Suppose a person’s head is aching.
- Does he/she need a doctor? Maybe yes or maybe no. At first, he/she can check out if it can be controlled.
- So, he/she can check out the “Home Remedies” section and apply the formula for the headache.
- If it works then that’s fine, if not he/she can make an appointment with the doctor.
There would be a whole list of remedies that will be easily available to the patients.
Health Tip of the Day –
- Yes, this is another attractive feature that is available to the registered patients in the system.
- Every day a new tip will be notified to the users.
- He/she can implement those tips in their life and can make it happy.
- The main purpose of this section is to make each person a healthy life.
This is the fourth module of the system. Other than doctor and patient, there are several people involved in the system such as a nurse, compounder, cashier, receptionist, etc.
- Registration – They must register themselves into the system. This section is the same as doctor and patient. They also have to provide their personal information.
- Login – When a staff is registered into the system, he/she can log in to the system by providing the unique id and password.
- Editing Profile – A staff needs to complete his / her profile. He/she has to provide his / her designation, address, etc.
- Apply for Leave – A staff can also apply for leave. This leave request should contain a detailed reason. The system administrator will approve the leave only if he finds the reason legit, otherwise can reject it. The staff can check the leave status in the leave section.
- Change Password – This is the common feature for the previous three modules. A user can change his / her password. He/she just has to provide the old password and has to write the new password.
- Forgot Password – This is another common feature for the users. If a user forgets his password, he just has to answer some security questions which were answered by him/her at the time of registration.
- Log out – A logged-in user can always log out of the system when his work is done, just by hitting the log-out. It is available to all registered users.
This will be the last module for the unregistered user in the system. The visitor can check for the doctor list, how qualified doctors are into the system, what main facilities this clinic system has such as X-ray availability, CT-scan availability, blood test availability, etc. If the visitor is satisfied with the service this system has, he/she can register himself/herself and can get benefit from it.
Did you see that how this will be useful to the people? I can make this project for you in any language or technology you want. Just reach us.