21 Best Data Mining Project Ideas For Computer Science Students
Data Mining word is surely known for you if you belong to a field of computer science and if your interest is database and information technology, then I am sure that you must have some basic knowledge about data mining if you don’t know more about data mining.
You can also check other computer science projects.
Data mining is vast area related to database, and if you are really like to play with data and this is your interest, then Data Mining is the best option for you to do something interesting with the data.
Students have a lot of confusion while choosing their project and most of the students like to select programming languages like Java, PHP, Python, and nowadays mobile application development is also in trend and students are interested in doing their projects in these languages.
My this post is regarding data mining project ideas For computer science/final year students.
If your interest in a database then data mining will be the best option for you to complete your project because you can do a lot of stuff here with data and make it interesting useful and a lot of things can be done with data.
So I will provide you data mining project idea list, you can select any one of them as your topic and start working on that if you have any idea regarding data mining projects you can tell in the comment box, I will add that to my data mining project ideas list.
Before going to the data mining project ideas, we will learn about data mining in brief. Just read it once may be data mining will become an attractive topic for you.
Bonus: Check programming project ideas
You can also check these posts:
- Microsoft (MS) Access Database Project Ideas
- Computer Science Final Year Project
- Database Homework Help
- Top 18 Database Projects Ideas
- Programming Assignment Help
- Top 99 Java Project Ideas
- Computer Science Project Help
Looking for Data Mining Project Help?
What is data mining?
Data mining which is also known as knowledge discovery is the process in which we extract useful information from the large set of the data.
What is the need for data mining?
Now a days daily an enormous amount of data in generated, a survey says that 90% of all the end the word is produced in past few years. If we talk about the big data most of the data generated daily is in the form of unstructured data. We are living in the data age where in every place you can see the data generation, if you are standing in queue for making reservation on the train at this location a significant amount of data is generated continuously. Business society, medical field, science and engineering and every aspect of life is producing a large amount of data daily. Our telecommunication companies are making tens of petabytes data every day. Medical science and health industry are also generating a significant amount of data daily. Search engines where billions of web searches os done daily is producing tens of petabyte data daily. Our social media become the significant source of data generation. Daily a large number of post, status, videos, pictures are uploaded on social networking sites. Scientist, engineering field, research centers are also generating a significant amount of data daily. We know that all data is not relevant for us but there is some data which is important for us but retrieving the valuable information from the vast data set is not an easy task.
Data mining is a tool which is used to knowledge mining from the large set of data. With the help of data mining we can retrieve the valuable information from the huge amount of data and make the data usable for analytical purpose, for business use, etc.
Data Mining Applications
Data Mining in Medical Science
Medical science field is generating an enormous amount of data per day, so mining of that is necessary for getting useful information from that. Data mining helps in medical science to
- Detect fraud abuses in medical/hospitals
- For making customer relationship, it helps for exploring the business.
- Doing patient activity analysis, how many visits they did and for which reason.
- To identify successful therapy for different illnesses.
Data Mining in Banking/Finance
- With the help of data mining we can analyse the customer behaviour, what the are purchasing, which type of activity they are doing again and again, their previous actions, by doing this process we can get a lot of information for doing business analytics.
- To analyse their plans which they provide to the customers, what was the response of the client, they mine the data and get the all info.
- To get the info of credit card spending(what they are buying) by the customers using data mining.
Data Mining in Marketing/Sales
- In marketing data mining is very efficient and useful tool, all marketing analyst use data mining to analyse the customer behaviour what they are buying, and according to that they make the offers for them.
- They mine the data according to customer purchase, that what they missed, what they are looking again and again, what is the range of spending money of the customer according to that they plan their business.
Data Mining in Science and Engineering
- Data mining is used in the field of science and engineering, most of the sensor devices and pattern recognition system are developed with the help of data mining.
- They mine the valuable data and make it useful for implementing in the system.
- Data mining deals with machine learning, pattern recognition, database management, artificial intelligence, etc.
So you can choose any field according to your area of interest for your data mining project, there are a lot of topics available for data mining project.
I will also provide you best data mining project ideas list from which you can select any one of them.
Data Mining Techniques which are used for Data Mining
There are many data mining techniques available for getting the relevant data from a large amount of data set.
I am going to discuss some sensitive data mining techniques one by one brief.
Association Technique for Data mining
Association is a data mining technique, in this technique we discover the pattern and make the relationship between items in a large data set. With the help of association rule market analyst analyze the customer behavior according to see their buying pattern. I would like to give a real time example if you are visiting a online shopping website to see the mobile phones then they start to give you suggestion you may also like this, this item also looks like your perceived thing, etc.
It means they are analyzing your buying or something looking pattern. And this done through the association rule.
Classification Technique for Data Mining
It is a classic technique for data mining. This method depends on predictions, here we classify the data in some groups or individual. Predictions are done by some predefine techniques. First of all we will see an example of classification, a bank officer who has the authority to approve the loan of any person then he has to analyse customer behaviour to decide passing the loan is risky or safe that is called classification.
Clustering Technique for Data Mining
Clustering is a technique used in data mining, in this technique we group the objects which have similarity some times it may differ.
This technique is used in machine learning, pattern recognition, information retrieval, image analysis
“Here you can see the example of clustering in data mining, we have their colors which put in three groups according to their color similarity.”
Prediction Technique for data Mining
Prediction is used one of the data mining technology in which we predict the next event according to the current available event. Prediction is very important in intelligence environments, its captures the repetitive pattern that is why it is very important technique of data mining. It also helps in automated activities but it will tells only what is going to happen in the future, it not tells the system to what to do.
Decision Trees for data Mining
A decision tree contains root node, branches, and leafs.It is one of the predictive modeling approaches which are used in machine learning in data mining.
In above diagram, there is three type of people young, middle age and senior and they can buy a laptop or not it is depends on some situation and leaf notes are showing the result, whether a person will purchase a laptop or not.
Data mining using different databases
Data mining means mining of data, we need some data to mine then perform data mining technique to get important information from the data.
We can perform data mining operations in different databases like ms access, MySQL, databases.
By performing database queries we can see how data mining is works because in any database we use queries to get the important or needed information from the database or from large tables.
Now I am coming in my topic that is data mining project ideas, you can use different technologies to mine your data like.
- Data mining projects using JAVA
- Data Mining projects using PHP
- Data Mining projects using.Net
- Data Mining projects using MATLAB
You can use any one of the programmings to see Data Mining hows work and you can also use data bases over these programming techniques.
Best Data Mining Project Ideas List For Final Year/Computer Science Students
1. Data mining for weather prediction and climate change studies.
2. Web mining/web content analysis using data mining technique.
3. Social media mining to get relevant information like women behavior in a social network.
4. Knowledge /information extraction from decision trees using data mining.
5. Mining of government data for getting valuable information.
6. Mining of excess sheet data
7. Mining of customer behavior of any retail shop.
8. Mining of product sale of any retail store or any particular brand.
9. Text mining of any text format database.
10. Crime/fraud detection using data mining.
11. Implementation of ERP(Enterprise Resource Planning)
12. Data Leakage detection in cloud computing environment.
13. Prediction of house prices for creating online real estate market.
14.Prediction of cab cancellation of online taxi booking website.
15. Online rating for electronic gadgets for commercial purpose.
16. Social media mining to get the behavior of youth for sociality.
17. Market basket analysis(Apriori algorithm) for mining association rule.
18. Prediction of movie success using data mining
19. Prediction of missing items of shopping cart (using fast algorithm)
20. Comparing operating differences of male and female employees of any organization.
21. The framework of web mining for security purpose in e-commerce.
“If you are facing any kind of problem in Data Mining or you are confused while choosing project in data mining, I am always here to help you just fill the contact form, I will reply you within minutes.”