Online Shopping Project in PHP
Nowadays, one of the biggest transformations using technologies is the online shopping system. It also has almost the same size of market as a general physical market possesses.
Online shopping is a process in which people (specifically customers) are being provided with the option of purchasing goods and services directly from the seller, all in real-time environment
Online shopping is an application of the internet as electronic commerce (Like Amazon). From the business perspective, customers usually find the products more attractive, on websites, as they get all the details available there.
People in large number are doing online shopping today, and it is not only because it is convenient as one can shop from home, but also because there are ample amount of varieties available, with high competition of prices, and also it is easy to navigate for searching regarding any particular item.
For sellers, their product have access to World Wide market, which also increases the number of customers and enhances the customer relationships. Also the web stores are a means for the small scale companies to launch their products at global level.
The main objective behind this project is to develop a web oriented application which can provide an online shopping feature to the users. In other words, the project aimed at creating a virtual shop environment for users, in some handy form, which will be available to them through internet.
Although the idea of developing online shopping websites are not new in the electronic market and has been evolved soon after the World Wide Web (www). In the present scenario the biggest market for this (online shopping) business is by the highly educated people, mostly.
This system has been designed keeping in mind all the aspects such as loading the data, complexity and maintaining the security of user credentials.
Here in this system, complexity refers to the total number of features being provided to users, and their smooth arrangement and functioning required. Following are some of the key features of our system, which distinguishes it from others:
- Display of all the available categories for shopping on the home page.
- Display all the sub-categories on the home page, those are associated with any particular item.
- Admin has the authority to add new particulars to the items list whenever needed.
- Permission to administrator to remove items, anytime.
- Allows the admin to modify the price of each item, whenever required or felt like.
- Admin has the authority to update the description of each item.
- Permission to the admin to view information about each customer who checkouts the items list.
You can also check these posts:
- Online Shopping System
- Inventory Management System Project
- Super Market Billing Project
- Stationary Shop Management System
Overview of Online Shopping Project
This system involves its own database to be maintained. As the information or details about the products are stored in the database (like RDBMS, online databases on paid basis like firebase etc.) for the server side functionalities.
The Server process is for dealing with the customers detail and the items that are shipped to different locations based on the addresses provided by the customers.
The application design contains two modules one is for the customers who wish to buy the articles. And another is for the store owners who maintains and updates the information regarding to the articles and about the customers.
The end user to use this product are the common people for whom the application is to be hosted on the web and the admin maintains the database.
The application that is deployed on the customer’s database like RDBMS, the information regarding the items are highlighted and forwarded from the database for the customer (front view) based on the choice through the menu list and based on all these searches and transactions the database of all the products are updated at the end of each transaction.
The entries for products, into the application can be made through various screens designed for various levels of users. As soon as, the authorized personnel feeds the relevant data into the system, several reports are generated based on the security policy used.
Check Online Bus Booking System
Future Scope of Online Shopping Project
Our designed online shopping system provides the 24×7 service, that is customers can surf the website, place orders anytime they wish to. Also the delivery system works for 24×7 hours a week.
Some of the features that can be modified and added to this system in future involve its implementation by local shopkeepers, where shops will be providing an online interface to customers for shopping and placing orders.
Then some delivery persons can perform their work. This will be add on benefit for the customers as it will save their time, plus its add on for the shopkeepers also, as people will continue to shop from local shops rather than preferring to super markets every time.
Also since the deliveries from these local vendors will not be as time consuming as these days flipkart, amazon etc. take, but rather will be delivered the same day of order placed.
Else the shopkeeper can ask the customer that the product will be available by next day, so if he/she still wants to place the order, it can be done. Again return or exchange will be easy since the delivery boy can even do it as the store is nearby.
Including a chat box for public benefit is also a great idea via which people can directly have a conversation with some officials regarding any type of queries.
System Analysis of Online Shopping Project
The process of gathering information, diagnosing the problems, then interpreting facts is known as System analysis. It also includes recommending system improvements needed, based on the same data.
The system is observed as a whole, the inputs need to be identified firstly before tunning them and then the system is subjected to study as a whole to identify the problem areas.
Although tunning any system as a whole is a complex procedure, but tunning individual statements is not the best as something that is correct for one input may hurt another inputs performance.
The solutions are given as a proposal. The suggestion is revised on user request and optimal changes are made. This loop terminates as soon as the user is gratified with the proposal.
So on the whole, system analysis is done to improve the system performance by monitoring it and obtaining the best throughput possible from it. Therefore system analysis plays a crucial role in designing any system.
Existing System of Online Shopping Project
The present scenario for shopping is to visit the shops and market manually and then from the available product list one needs to choose the item he or she wants and then payment for the same item mainly in cash mode is done, as not every society is well educated and aware to use net banking or card modes or wallets etc.
This system is not much user friendly as one needs to go to the market physically and then select items only from the available list. So mostly it is difficult to get the product as per our desire.
Description about the products are less available and are mostly verbal only. For this type of shopping one needs to have ample amount of free time. Also not really good markets exist everywhere, so many times good markets become out of reach for certain people.
In the proposed system customers need not to go to the shops for purchasing the products. He/She can order the product he/she wishes to buy through the use of this system.
The shop owner can be the admin of the system. Shop owner can appoint officials particularly to handle this, who will help owner in managing the customers and product orders. The system also endorses a home delivery system for delivering the purchased products.
ER- Diagram of Online Shopping Project
Now we will discuss the whole ER-diagram to make better understanding
Here we have different Entities such as Online Shop, Customer, Product, Payment, Cart, Brand let looks one by one which is as follow
This is the entity representing the whole online shopping system which further contains several other entities describing the entire application.
This represents the set of cutomers, which are the clients who will be using this application. The customers are for whom the system is being designed. Its attribute set includes:
- Name: This is the name of the customer, searching or purchasing the products. When signing up to the website the name of customer is stored, this is done for the future referencing and maintaining the user’s data record (history). It is the composite attribute which contains two more attributes that is First_Name and Last_Name. That contains user’s first name and last name.
- Cust_id: This is the identity number assigned by the admin to the users so as to identify them uniquely in future. This identity number is helpful in fetching data of individual user from a big set. This is mainly to manage the huge database system where the entire data is being stored.
- Address: This is the user’s address where user lives so that to use it at the time of delivery or any further requirements. This is also a composite attribute which is divided into address1 and address2. These address1 contains house no. and lane no., whereas the address2 field is applicable for containing city and state address.
- Email_id: It involves the email address of the user, that can be used for sending advertisements or offers, to the user in future, once the user becomes a part of the family and has signed up to the website. The user should enter a valid email address and not a fraud one, as the email id is verified at the time of sign-up only.
- Contact_no: This is the user’s mobile no., or any landline number, through which user can be asked for confirmation at the time of placing order, or it can also be used at times, when user has any query or feedback.
This is the entity representing the items that customers choose to buy. It can be added to cart once the user likes it and then can be easily confirmed for order. This has the attribute set as:
- Name: This is the name of the product by which it is identified and decided that in which category user will be searching it and where user can find this.
- Prod_id: This is the unique product identity assigned to the items in the store so as to uniquely identify them, in condition if two products has the same name are available in the store. At that time the seller will update the record of the product based on this identity number, in the database.
- Price: It is one of the most important attribute, since most of the times people change their shopping list contents depending upon their needs and economical situation. So for them to know the actual MRP is most important in taking decision for what to buy and what not to.
This is for the items that belong to some brands, and are kept in the store. People’s choice vary with their taste and standard of living. Most people these days prefer buying branded items.
- Name: The name of the brand often invites a crowd to buy their products no matter content is what. So the brand name is as important to maintain as the product.
- Brand_id: It is also the identity number given to the products for uniquely identifying them.
A small place for user to reserve their choice for checking and finalizing till they end their shopping. This is provided for a small period of time,that is till the user is on an active session. The cart in this system is kept to be the same as the wish list.
- Quantity: The number of individual items along with the total number of items user has finalized for purchasing is maintained under this. So that the it is to the knowledge of customers that what all have they bought. And also the store needs to maintain record of how much item they have sold and how much is required to bring more in the lot.
- Cart_id: A unique identifying number to indicate individual carts and manage their database along with the user’s data.
- Total: This attribute manages the total price sum of the purchase or transaction user has made in one attempt.
It defines the payment to be done by the customer for purchasing the products from the web store at worth price. Also various security encryption mechanisms have been used, so the customer details of accounts and other credentials are safe and secure.
- Mode: The user is provided with lots of options that he/she can opt for making the payment depending upon their ease. There are many choices available like net banking, use of wallets like paytm and i-cash cards, also the credit card and debit card options are available too.
- Pay_id: It is for the benefit of user as well as the website owners, since the pay_id is helpful in maintaining the payment record in the database, as well as it is also provided to the customer after the successful completion of payment. As later customer can claim anytime that they have already done the payments and the owners cannot deny. So it is useful to prevent any kind of fraud from both the sides.
- Amount: It is the record of the total sum amount the user needs to pay, and after the payment, it is used to update in the server-side database to keep the record of the net profit or loss on daily basis.
System Requirements of Online Shopping Project in PHP
- User should have appropriate version of windows.
- System should have up to 2 GB ram minimum requirement for the application.
- Application should be installed on system.
So, this is the overall process of making the Online Shopping system worked, and user can get the policy without any headache of agent and sometime don not need to provide commission to them.
This feature will provide the information about the owner, team members or partners and developers, information like ranking of the website, average daily page visits, and journey (like when the system was launched, from where does the motivation came from) will be included.
In this section, we have provided the contact number and proper email address, so that the customers can anytime write to us with any queries or complaints. Also their valuable feedbacks are always heartily welcome. And our special team is ready to solve their problems and serve them the better way possible.
This particular layout is used when we need some of the real talents to be a part of our business, by providing job openings. Using which people interested can apply and therefore will undergo further processes to get selected.
This is one of the main task of the developer to design a graphical user interface that user attracts to and can use easily, in one word it should be user friendly.
So for this you should have better understanding of customers likes and dislikes and the features that are in trend and mesmerize the public easily, initially we need to locate the targeting people that what kind of application do they need. After getting all this information we should start to design the application.