As the current human population is 7.7 billion and growing day by day, food demand also increases accordingly. Fish is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, protein, nutrients, and micronutrients. It is an integral part of consumers’ diets, especially in poor and underdeveloped countries. It is a big challenge for the farmer to fulfill market demand with healthy seafood. Aquaculture is a tool to fill the gap between seafood supply and demand. The use of controlled environment production of aquaculture has increased significantly, but losses are enormous due to manual equipment and management failure. Farmers need real-time and accurate information to monitor and maximize production potential. Farmers are using traditional techniques and procedures for aquaculture; by following the conventional approach, farmer measure and monitors the water quality, water level, oxygen level, and stress level of the aquaculture manually.
This work uses a low-cost and short-range wireless sensors network module to monitor and control aquaculture in real-time. The water recycling mechanism is also proposed to reduce the number of aquatic waste materials. This system monitors the water parameters continuously using a serial port that reduces internet consumption, transmits data regularly with small latency error-free and ensures the survival of aquatic life, provides the quality of growth, and increases the economic benefits of aquaculture. The system is also capable to detects the movements of fish in the pond.
Introduction to Fish Farming Management System
Aquaculture research has led to the creation of production systems that have enhanced the quality of fish farming ponds in recent years, thanks to advancements in monitoring and automation technology. The Smart Fish Pond Management System will automatically monitor and manage the fishpond. The system will automatically examine, measure and record every parameter in the pond. Temperature, pH, and water level are the main variables in the pond. As a result, the system will detect when temperatures are excessively high and take the necessary steps to cool the water to maintain a high level of dissolved oxygen; it will also see when pH levels have changed from alkaline to acidic and activate the motor to apply lime to neutralize the pH.
The aqua farmer presently depends on manual testing for water parameters. This leads to an increase in the death rate of fish, decreases the fish’s growth rate, and one of the significant drawbacks is more time-consuming. Fish pond operators face the challenge of constant monitoring of the water and water changing so that quality is compromised.
The model proposed in this work will assist the fish farmers in monitoring fish ponds using the software. Integrating sensor and internet technology in combination with a user-friendly interaction interface smartphone application, desktop application, and web services to provide real-time monitoring of fish ponds, the system database significantly reduces the risk of losses and improves efficiency.
Main Objective for Fish Farm Management System
The primary goal of this project is to create a Smart Fish Pond Management System that will monitor and manage the fish pond and its perimeter automatically. To detect the change in the water level of the pond and replenish it to the proper level. Control the pH level after detecting a difference in the pH level. To detect, control and change the water temperature. Detect any entry into the perimeters of the fish pond and notify the appropriate authorities.
Scope of Fish Farm Management System
This project will help in collecting the perfect farming data in detail. The collection will be apparent, straightforward, and sensible in a short time. It will help the user know the disease trend, which will help them save their poultry’s life, otherwise getting victims of sudden diseases. It will also help manage the current works of the farmer, contractual or hired staff, etc. It will help manage, track, and collect feedback from the farm, like the health of their stock, if they are eating well if they are getting good nutrients, etc. Feedback is the leading block that aids in course correction and provides a better environment. The project’s main scope is to provide a fully automatic climate for performing day-to-day activities.
Some of the aspects of automation are:
- Filling up various forms and the number of copies needed to be filled is reduced and streamlined.
- Creating the manifest is no longer necessary; instead, it can be printed, saving more time.
- It helps in efficiently utilizing resources by increasing productivity.
- It made it easier to recall any data that had been entered.
- Feedback and any action taken can be tracked in a perfectly streamlined manner.
- The system is expandable
- User-friendly UI.
- Easy to operate.
- Security, this system is secure from all types of tempering.
- Can recommend solutions to the framer via previous encounters.
Modules Used in The Project
The modules used in the Leave management system are as follows:
- Livestock Information System: This module provides a consolidated database for the application. It will help track the livestock, a.k.a fish, compensation, and benefit options. And will also follow the time and feeding time for the fishes. This module is also the primary location for all the personal data, including the most recent statistics on the organization’s hiring, retention, and termination patterns.
- Fodder Schedule and Monitoring: This is one of the most valuable modules as this will help regulate fodder for the fishes; the correct amount is beneficial for everyone.
- Monitor Work Days and Holidays: This will help the employer know when there will be a holiday to make all the arrangements to keep an eye on the pond beforehand. They
- Water Monitoring module: This module will tackle the condition of the water; if the water is over-saturated or too polluted, it will also help regulate the water flow.
- Generate Report: This module will help create a detailed livestock record, like their life expectancy, eggs, and many more.
This project is built to be run on any system with ease. However, only the administration has access, and the developer can access the codebase only after being granted permission from the administrator.
- RAM: 512GB
- HDD: 1TB (Can be expanded depending on the database)
- Processor: Intel Pentium III and above.
- Platform: Windows (2007 and above version) or Linux
- The language used: Python, runtime environment
- Database Used: MySQL server.
- Web server: Python
- Browser: Mozilla or Chrome.
- Software development kit: Python or Above.
- Scripting Language: Django (Runs on Python Server page)
- Database JDBC driver: MySQL Jconnector.
The model view controller, also known as MVC, is a popular software design pattern for developing web-based applications. The MVC is comprised of the following three parts:
- Model: It is the lowest level of the pattern essential to keeping and managing the database.
- View: This level is responsible for displaying the portion of the data to the user. Or the data that the user wants to view.
- Controller: This level deals with the code which controls the interaction between the model and the view.
One of the main reasons to use MVC is that it separates the application logic from the user’s interface and supports the separation of concerns. In this method, the controller receives all the requests for the application and then works with the other two modules to prepare any data needed by the view. The view then uses this data created by the controller to generate the final presentable response.
Use the Case Module of The Project
The Use case module of any system represents different ways in which the user can use the system. One of the ways to find all the use cases is to ask a simple question, “What can a user do with the system?”. The use case module divides the system’s behavior into small transactions so that each of the transactions performs as a unit and performs some practical action. All these are accomplished from the user’s view.
The purpose of the use case is to define a coherent behavior without revealing the system’s internal structure. It typically represents a sequence of interactions between the user and the design. A simple line drawing can define these use cases. In the use case diagram, each use case is represented by an ellipse with the name written inside the ellipse. All the eclipses are enclosed inside a rectangle called a boundary.
Data Flow Diagram
A DFD is a graphical representation of data flow through a system. It can also be used to visualize the data processing. The data flow diagram is the first step in the design phase, and it functionally decomposes the requirements specification. In the DFD, some bubbles are connected by lines. Each bubble represents data transformation, and each line represents data flow. A DFD shows what data flow rather than how data flows.
Functional requirement defines a function of a system or component, where a function is described as a specification of behavior between outputs and inputs. Function requirements may involve:
- Technical details.
- Data manipulation and processing.
- Other specific functionality defines what a system is supposed to accomplish.
A functional requirement is supported by a non-functional requirement, which imposes constraints on the design or implementation. In this application, the farmers need to register themselves; they can also use their government data system with all the farm data.
However, to keep their identity secret for business purposes, incognito mode has also been added. This application will help farmers check their corps status, soil report, actions needed to be taken, fertilizers present, and update their profiles. However, the login details will be provided by the administration.
This application will run on the standard browser. Users will not be able to change the fonts, colors, or any other application customization. Any changes made have been going through proper procedure. Administrators and employees will be able to access the application through their usernames and password, and no one will access administrative functions. The Database servers containing Restricted Data must meet the Following account access, password, and privilege configurations.
The system Creates separate accounts which runs automated tasks (like backups, replication, etc.) they do not allow any direct logins. Administrators must not use these accounts for other jobs. Use strong passwords for all performances.
Testing is one of the most vital parts of any project implementation. It is especially software-based projects, as it is nearly impossible to create a perfect product while developing a project. Hence, to check the working and make sure that there is no inbuilt bugs or defaults present, testing is performed. Various types of testing are performed.
- White Box testing: All logical parts of the software are checked at least once in this type of testing. The errors corrected via white box testing are mostly typographical errors, logical errors, logical expressions running once that was supposed to be run only once, etc.
- Black Box testing: Black box testing checks the input, output, and external data. It contains whether the desired result is achieved or not. Black box testing fully exercises all the functional requirements of a program.
Many other types of testing can be performed; however, only these two tests were done for this project. To maintain the proper running of all the functions of the system. We have not mentioned that alpha testing was also performed with the plan to make sure that the final product was presentable. However, we are confident that all tests will be done before the full implementation of the project.
Advantages and Disadvantages
The many advantages of the system are already discussed above; however, one of the proposed system’s significant advantages is that it gives a detailed report about the farm’s life stock. It Helps cut costs, utilizes resources, avoids diseases, etc.
One of the main disadvantages we faced while creating the system is that there is no available data on poultry. Therefore, implementing the system at the primary stage will be tiresome, but once all the data is entered, there will be no more disturbance.
High-speed, high-accuracy fish farm activities and the presentation of results in specific formats. It has some characteristics that make it superior to the manual system of fish farming activities, such as lower processing costs, less time spent computing harvesting/sales records, and no duplication of effort.
The new system is adaptable and can be customized to meet any data processing or record keeping. It employs a graphical user interface (GUI) rather than a command-line method, making it simple to use, secure, and ensuring data integrity due to the usage of a relational database management system. Farm information system activities can be processed to a considerable extent. That to automatically using this software program, which reduces the processing time and also enhances accuracy.